Just another WordPress.com site
Monthly Archives: February 2016
February 13, 2016Posted by on
The situation in Syria is horrible. The West is responsible for the situation in the Middle East. It is the West (especially USA and UK) who supported brutal dictators like Saddam Hussein and Bashar al-Assad. They also supported the dictator of Egypt – Hosni Mubarak and they support the current dictator of the country.
The Western governments refuse to attack ISIS, although spending a lot of taxpayer money, giving fat contracts to companies producing weapons, and claiming they attack ISIS. In reality, they only attacked once the ISIS trucks transporting oil, three days after the November 2015 Paris terrorist attacks. ISIS can keep doing their business without being bothered too much by the West.
At very least, the West, together with its allies – Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, should break a small part from Northern Syria and allow the refugees to come there, supplying them food and shelter. They have more than enough power to do that and to protect such a small area.
By the contrary, the Western governments are very happy with the disaster taking place in Syria, and the Western media spreads misinformation, claiming that the Arabs always enjoyed fighting and killing each others. Even the US president Barack Obama supports such miserable claims.
In Iraq, the USA replaced Saddam with a Saddam like president – Nouri al-Maliki. The USA supports an ultra-corrupt government in Iraq, but also in Afghanistan. While filling their pockets and bank accounts with billions of US dollars, the people of those corrupt governments are making the life of their people a living hell. All that with the support from the West. The West is doing nothing to pressure the governments in Iraq or Afghanistan to reduce corruption.
I live in Spain and that makes me a Westerner. I am deeply ashamed to be part of all this horrible situation. So my message for the people in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan is that I am ashamed to be part of this, I am ashamed that, with my passivity, I am supporting the Western governments to devastate their countries. But I will try my best to change that, calling the other Westerners to stop supporting their governments and to pressure their governments to help Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan, instead of devastating them.
February 13, 2016Posted by on
In my view, the Economic Crisis exists because of a few major factors:
- Importing cheap products from China. If the European workers wants to keep their job, they have to work for 200 Euro / month, like the Chinese workers do. International free trade is good, but every country must have some degree of protectionist measures in order to maintain the jobs into the country. Instead of buying everything from China, Europe should invite the Chinese companies to produce things in the Europe, using European workers
- Fiscal paradises, which allow the rich and the super-rich to do tax evasion. They have trillions of US dollars saved in the fiscal paradises. See Offshore leaks.
- No control of speculation. Any capitalist system must make sure that the prices of commodities are in the reach of the many, otherwise the system simply can’t work. Usually that can be achieved by ensuring real competition between companies, but sometimes more actions are required. The prices of the real estate properties exploded, driving the people into poverty. The government has to either force the players to keep the prices under a certain levels or to rent houses/apartments itself. In order to make sure that the people can afford to pay the rents/mortgages for their flats.
The Economic Crisis has a cause, and the cause is that the governments are not doing anything to protect their people. They refuse to put in place the rules that can keep the economy working.
Unfortunately, the public is not aware of such things and it’s not putting pressure on their governments to change the situation.
February 13, 2016Posted by on
I live in Spain and that makes me a Westerner. I am thankful to live here, since the situation in the rest of the world is much worse. But the West is far from being ok, and there are many things that make me feel disgusted and ashamed for being part of the West.
These are the things I don’t like in the West:
- providing a safe heaven to organized crime and most of the corrupt political leaders from all over the world who save their money in Switzerland or in the Western banks and who buy properties in the West
- tax heavens, which are helping tax evasion
- increasing poverty in the third world by exploiting the workers there, by doing business with local outfits (business, governments) who exploit their workers and by supporting corporations which destroy small farming and replace it with large farms, sending the people into poverty. Examples: Ethiopia and India
- damaging the environment by convincing corrupt governments to cut down forests in order to create palm plantations, leading to environmental disasters.
- growing crops for biofuels, and that leads to an increased the price of food, hurting very much the poor people
- fake and disingenuous charities who, instead of helping the poor people with real solutions, only make them become dependent of help. Instead of giving them food, the solution is to rent them land for cheap so they can grow their own food. Instead of selling houses for cheap to very few people, the solution is to rent them houses for cheap. There is no wonder why the big charities are so fake (Red Cross, World Food Programme, Habitat for Humanity) – they are not democratic movements started by the people – they are outfits created by the super-rich (also called “plutocracy”).
Unfortunately, the Western public doesn’t seem to be aware about how much damage all the above things are doing and they are not asking their governments to change any of those things.